Created with flickrSLiDR.
24 Hour Comics Day 2009 at the Harwood Art Center had a great turnout this year! We may have had the largest attendance of any location in the world, with 41 people making the attempt (including 2 who worked from home and kept in contact with us throughout the night).
We had 11 people who made the trek from Santa Fe, Ms. Webber-Bey and a big group of her Comic Club students from Albuquerque, and Mike Hanlon who came all the way from Alamogordo! Thanks, Mike. Most folks stuck with us at least until morning. In the end, 16 24-page comics were completed by 18 creators (2 were made by 2 people collaborating).
Check out the coverage from the event:
- We've got photos from the event posted on our Flickr site;
- Our 24 Hour Blogmaster Chuck kept us up to the minute at 24 Hours from New Mexico, as well as posting updates to this here blog;
- Kathy from the Harwood tweeted us.
- The Alibi's Devin O'Leary liveblogged his experience;
- while the Alibi's Erin Adair-Hodges Culture Shocked us;
- Albuquerque, along with our friends in San Francisco and Minneapolis, got mentioned on Boing Boing (featuring a photo from Santa Fe 2006);
- See the work completed by Ralph Contreras, Elizabeth Wilkinson, who were each working from home, and Kervin Bolts and David Castillo's joint venture.
Thanks to the Harwood Art Center for their generous support, and to all of our sponsors: